Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Monday, January 18, 2010

Merciful, Mercy! (A Prayer!)

Psalm 57:1
Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

I love the way the Lord uses a doubled statement to place an extreme emphasis on a thought. It is the first of this new year as I blog this verse, I have been praying about the direction I am to go this year, I am trying to get an idea of the direction the Lord wants for me and the ministry He has entrusted to me. It is a bit scary to think about all the events that could take place in the coming year.

For me this verse is a prayer:

Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me:
Dear Lord, I need your mercy on my life! I realize and acknowledge that in my self there is no reason to expect anything but failure. I desire to be a blessing to the Soldiers I come into contact with. I desire to be in a constant state of being used by You in a greater way than ever before. Lord, the one thing I know I need most is to have a double helping of Your Mercy.

For my soul trusteth in thee:
Lord, I know that there will be people that will not understand me, nor the ministry You placed before me, they will speak against me, they will be used by the enemy to be a stumbling block to my path. I may be looked down upon by those I love, and even may loose friends. Lord I so want to echo the words in a bold way. I wish to model a right attitude that speaks to Your mercy in my life by broadcasting that "My soul trusteth in thee."

Yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge.
I do know that sometime during this year I will be oppressed by the enemy, My friends will scuff me up, I may even be turned out of the man made refuge that I have come to take for granted. I pray that, whenever I feel like I am being defeated, "I will make my refuge, in the shadows of thy wings."

Until these calamities be overpast.
Lord, I pray that I will wait upon thee. I do not want to leave the protection of your merciful love and protection that you offer me daily! I desire to be within the mighty protecting shadow of your mercy at all times. Please grant me the desire of my heart, by allowing me to live inside the thoughts and meanings of this verse. A-Men!

No comments:

Post a Comment