Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Give Thy Judgments, O God!

Psalm 72:1
Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king's son.

" I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I love the United States of America! I have a vested interest in it's future. I love it's history! I will defend and protect it while I am able, and am willing to give my life for it! I am not blind to the problems that are man made, within my blessed country. I see and hear the the fallout of the direction the current political leadership is taking us in, BUT, our politicians need and deserve our earnest prayers. The psalmist prayed for his political leadership, so should we!

Give the king thy judgments, O God,
America is in deep need for a revival of Godly proportions! The blessings we have enjoyed is a direct result of the people seeking God. We want blessings, yet we are unwilling to pay for the evil deeds of our past. We want forgiveness, without revelation, we want mercy without mentioning the sin that has us in the shape we are in.

I believe if we would seek God's judgments in our individual life, dealing with the actual sin that God sees in our life, we would be closer to returning to the greatness we once enjoyed. Praying for "God to judge" us first, then to "Give the king (leadership) thy judgments" is our only hope!

And thy righteousness unto the king's son.
I am a native son of the USA! I am proud of this and enjoy the status we have! I believe that because the United States of America allows it's native sons to vote for it's own leadership, we have a great responsibility as native son's to do our best to participate in this process. We need to ask God to bless us with "thy righteousness unto the king's son."

No comments:

Post a Comment