Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Monday, February 15, 2010

I Put My Trust:

Psalm 71:1
In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.

"I know that I know, that I know!""It is a sure thing!" "It's in the Bag". I wish I could go on and on, it is so refreshing to have confidence. It is even better when we have confidence with understanding! The Psalmist reminds us today where we can invest all our trust, and have knowledge it will return manifold interest.

In thee, O Lord,
Everyone wants the hottest tips on their investments. Everyone wants to insure their future. Everyone wants a sure return to secure them. Everyone can't wait to be able to retire from work to enjoy the remainder of their days in security. My friend, the very best tip is to confidently invest everything in the Lord Jesus Christ.

In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust:
The last word in this portion of the verse is "Trust" . I have discovered some great definitions for this word, like; Reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety of a person. Confidence. Hope. Confidence in the certainty of future payment. The condition of one to whom something is entrusted. Something committed or entrusted to one's care for use or safekeeping. No wonder why the Psalmist boldly proclaims his "Trust in the Lord!"

Let me never be put to confusion.
"My hope and trust is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame , but wholly lean on Jesus' name." We need to be reminded that God is not the author of confusion! When we place all of our trust in and upon Jesus, we will "Never be put to confusion."

No comments:

Post a Comment