Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Friday, February 12, 2010

Make Haste, Deliver Me, Help me, O God

Psalm 70:1
Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O Lord.

The Word of God is so up to date, and relevant! It is as fresh as this mornings news reports! I just watched a story about an attack on a teen, The attacker was beating, and kicking the victim while three so called security guards watched. The guards did NOTHING! I guess I am a weired duck, I would have tried to stop this as quickly as I could.

The Psalmist, writing as a victim finds the enemy is in full attack mode. He is bent on total annihilation. He hates the child of God so much, he works overtime to stop the cause of Christ. Our enemy attacks violently, while the world stands idle watching, even retreating to the safety of distance, never getting involved, waiting for the "Live at Eleven" news. As a child of God it would do us well to tuck these words in our heart, we will need to use them sooner than we think!

Make haste, O God, to deliver me;
Attacks are never pleasant, I have an aversion to pain of any sort. We have become accustomed to instant relief. "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, o what a relief it is!" is our battle cry. Microwave ovens are standard equipment. 30 minuets or less or it is free! (is that one still around?). When we are being attacked, we want relief, and we want it now! I totally understand the impact of these words: "Make haste, O God, to deliver me"

Make haste to help me, O Lord.
I may have tried to deliver assistance to the victim of the brutal attack I saw on the television. Wanting to deliver assistance is in my nature. It is the right thing to assist when the situations call for it. Anyone can get caught up in the moment and render assistance, but what about after the attack? When we have suffered an attack from the enemy, we will find ourselves very tired, wore out, and very susceptible to a repeat more vicious attack.

The Psalmist was acquainted with the aftermath of such attacks. We all need long term care to recover. I find great comfort in this prayer. The Lord is always in the right place at the right time. The expected answer to this prayer is found in the cry; "Make haste to HELP me, O Lord!" Once God delivers us from sins, He "Makes Haste to help us."

Thank you Lord, God for your deliverance and help!

No comments:

Post a Comment