Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Save Me!

Psalm 69:1
Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.

I think a lot of people are afraid of water. I remember when I was a kid, I was swimming in the Gulf of Mexico, a wave swept me off my feet and the undertow kept me under water for what seamed like a very long time. I was scared I would never surface, I needed air! The thought of being stranded in deep water probably haunts many. As a Christian I do have a fear of being found in deep water, over my head, drowning in the things of this world, that would keep me from serving God, or being effective in leading others to Christ.

Save me, O God;
As I mature in my walk with God, I find that these four words to be the most important of all phrases I speak in prayer. I am learning that, the more I trust God, the more I need Him. I know that when I attempt to do anything for God on my own, the more it will be messed up! When I surrender my all to God, the easier it gets to cry; "Save me, O God!"

For the waters are come in unto my soul.
What problems are you facing today? Has the things of the world overwhelmed you? We all have faced or we will face deep waters. We can picture in our minds this scene, we can understand the intense feeling of helplessness, that feels like we have been drowned within our soul. It is refreshing to know and to experience the Hand of God in our life, saving us once again from despair! No wonder the Psalmist wrote: "Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment