Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Inclining Ears!

Psalm 78:1
Give ear, O my people, to my law; incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

Yesterday I blogged about prayer. Prayer is a intimate conversation between lovers. The Psalmist reminded us that when we pray we get answers. He focused on our act of prayer and then told us about the blessings of answers.

As we focus on this psalm, God lays His requirement our on how we can secure the promised answers to our prayers.

Give ear, O my people, to my law;
God commands us to listen to the words that he gives us. He wants us to hear, understand, and implement His instructions. God expects us to pay attention to whatever He tells us. God demands that His people watch His every move. God will issue His law to us so we can be the best we can possibly be.

I once was attended a conference where the host pastor had planted key people in the audience, He would communicate to them by using sign language. He would form words with his fingers, and the staff would react to the instructions given. I was impressed that so much could be accomplished without one single spoken word. It dawned on me that this staff had to "give ear" to the host. They had to give their undivided attention to the host. That is what God wants from His people.

Incline your ears to the words of my mouth
We must tune into the words of God. We must be able to detect any nuance in the instructions issued to us. As we grow closer to God, we will pick up on the slightest detail of what God expects of us.

My prayer today is: to Give ear, and incline toward the words from the mouth of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment