Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

He Gave Ear

Psalm 77:1
I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and He gave ear unto me.

The most amazing thing about having a personal relationship with God, is that we get to converse with Him, we call it prayer. Prayer is the most written about subject, but sadly in my own life it lags behind. The psalmist gives us an idea that prayer is important, and is blessed.

I cried unto God with my voice,
I am a born again believer in the fact that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose again, to provide me complete salvation! Because of this fact I get to have a very intimate relationship with God. I can speak to Him when and wherever I desire. I also believe that God knows everything! I have often wondered, why do we need to "Cry unto God with my voice," if He already knows it all! Prayer is an exercise for our benefit! God wants us to pour our thoughts into our petitions! It is like proofreading, sometimes when we hear our words we realize what we are asking! this is good, and can be an eye opener.

Even unto God with my voice:
Anytime a phrase is repeated we need to pay twice as much attention to it! I believe it is a key for us to continue in prayer. It exercises us to keep our dependence upon God. We need to double up on our conversation with God.

And He gave ear unto me.
The blessing of true relationship with God is that He hears us! His "ear" is given to us. It is blessed to be a child of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment