Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Monday, February 22, 2010

Is God Known: His Name Is!

Psalm 76:1
In Judah is God known: his name is great in Israel.

"O victory in Jesus, my Savior, forever. He sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood; He loved me ere I knew Him, and all my love is due Him. He plunged me to victory, beneath the cleansing flood."

This psalm is a praise to the Lord God! A great victory has been secured. The battle is over and is won! No wonder the hymn writer gave us a great chorus to sing!

In Judah is God known:
One commentator stated that this well known saying represents God's people. I have the great privilege to travel to many churches every year, I have come to realize that a lot of people that warm the pews, have never developed any lasting relationship with God. If these people ever had a victory in their life, they would not even recognize it. I am so sick of the rules of religion, theses rules put so much pain on people they never learn that God wants a relationship.

If we would fall in Love with God again, we would see a great revival. If every Bible believing person would grow close to God, they would be able to boldly proclaim that "God IS known!"

His name is great in Israel.
The commentator relates the word Israel to the modern term Church. As I attend many church services it is evident that the name of God is not great. I see a lot of people holding up their facility as the crowning glory, I hear them worship their pastor, "Dr. So-in-so!" I see them brag on the number of programs that are offered each week. Sometimes they brag on the type of people that are members of their church. I am thankful that there are a few churches that get it right. They make God's name great in their midst.

It would do us all, a world of good to examine this verse in light of our own heart. I want my relationship to reflect that God's name is "Known" in my personal life, and I will work to make the name of God "Great" in my church!

"Is God Known?"

No comments:

Post a Comment