Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Deliver Me, O My God!

Psalm 59:1
Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.

If you live long enough, you will totally understand that you in fact have enemies. The enemy is out to get you! He wants us out of commission, he wants us upset, confused, and not effective for the cause of Christ. He would like to knock us out in multiple areas so we can not get up and march again against him. The more you do for the Lord, the stronger the enemy will fight. I have prayed very similar types of prayers.

Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God.
As I said above, the enemy has attacked my life so many times. Sometimes, it is like a hand is upon our chest, holding us back from moving forward. Enemies will attack on many fronts to keep us hopping to put out the little fires, keeping our attention off the things of God. We need for "God, to deliver us from mine enemies!"

Before I leave this thought, I confess that some of my problems are not caused by a standing force of Satan's minions, The number one enemy I face is me! My prayer to God needs to modified a bit to read like this; "Deliver me from me the enemy, O my God."

Defend me from them that rise up against me.
The enemy is capable of using others to throw roadblocks in our way. He can use strangers, family, friends, and even our spouse. The enemy can "Rise up" unexpected people or things to hamper the efforts we exert. The enemy can use the voice within our subconscious to speak false lies into our minds. The enemy can use our past history, to defeat us as we strive to do the will of God. This is the time we need to drop to our knees and pray this very prayer.

This is a prayer that we should keep close by, we all will have many occasions to use it as we travel this path we call life.

deliver me! O my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment