Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lifesaver, lifesaver!

Psalm 64:1
Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

I have come to the conclusion that everybody just wants someone to listen to them. You have heard the old adage; "Opinions, are like armpits, everyone has two, and they both stink!" I must admit that I also want my voice to count.

As a minister of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, I am afforded many platforms to use my voice. I realize that in certain venues I do better than at others. I have been asked to speak at places where the audience was friendly and then in other places I was in deep water struggling to be relevant. As a matter of strategy, I have learned to screen the opportunities and hopefully choose the venue where I can be most effective. The Psalmist takes this to a new dimension as he concentrated on his prayer life. In 16 small words he speaks volumes!

Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer:
The very act of prayer is a wonderful commentary of God's mercy toward us. He allows us the honor to enter His presence and express ourselves. Many of us think nothing of shooting an E-mail to someone, we write words and hit the send button. The one thing we have no control over is in how or if the recipient will read into the E-mail any emotions or too much emotions. The Psalmist is pleading to God to hear the complete emotions and intent of our heart in the words of his prayer.

When we bow our head in prayer, we choose to be in the venue with God, so we need to pour out everything before Him. Holy Scripture, promises us that our prayers will be helped by the Holy Spirit, so the best answer will be given to us.

Preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
The Bible is clear we have an enemy! Our enemy wants to destroy us on all fronts. If we have ever been attacked by the enemy, most of us will become "Gun Shy". We will begin to imagine the enemy in the strangest of places. It is a fact the enemy may just be lurking around the corner, waiting to knock us down, but we can confidently pray to God to "Preserve my life from fear of the enemy."

Prayer is our lifeline! We need to use it daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment