Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Friday, January 22, 2010

My Prayer, My Prayer, O God!

Psalm 61:1
Hear my prayer, O God; attend unto my prayer.

This morning I am a bit pressed for time, In a few minuets I will leave for the Airport in Atlanta. I am traveling to Oklahoma and Kansas. I love to fly! But like almost everyone I get a bit anxious. I am to preach a number of times and report about the blessings of God on our ministry. I want to be a blessing and encouragement to my fellow missionaries and some friends I will reacquaint with later in the week.

Hear my prayer, O God;
In every human is the desire to be heard. We want for someone somewhere to pay a bit of attention to us. The very act of prayer is hard to maintain, we want assurance that God is at least hearing what we have to say. I enjoy my relationship with other people when there is interaction, one talking, while the other listens, then the other talks while I listen. Prayer is a two way street, God will listen while we talk. He expects us to listen while He talks. I believe the Psalmist has exposed the number one request we have "Hear my prayer, O God!"

Attend unto my prayer.
This request is a way of seeking the perfect answer to our request. We may not know how to pray, but God gives us a helper, in that the Holy Spirit takes our prayer and helps us. We all want an answer, we desire to have God's best. God will "Attend unto my prayer!"

Praise God! He hears and attends to my prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment