Bob Ingram's Blog

Daily thoughts from a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ

Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Soul Waiteth

Psalm 62:1
Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

I am up early or late? I am in the central time zone, I got up a little later than normal for my time zone, but it early for here! I come to this blog this morning needing for God to do something big. Today could be a very pivotal day in a lot of ways.

I have been awaken numerous times last night to pray for a heavy situation that is facing us today. It is Saturday, I normally do not blog on the weekends, but the Lord directed me to this next Psalm.

Truly my soul waiteth upon God:
I am thankful that when situations get intense, when it seems like confusion is the norm, when my heart is heavy and my soul is disturbed, God teaches us to wait.

I watched a sporting event recently where a dog was to launch off a dock to see how far it could jump. The owner of the dog would kneel down next to his dog, he would be building excitement in the dog. The encouragement would be peaking, the dog would be pulling away try to jump immediately the owner would hold him back causing the dog to wait until the timer buzzed. Then the dog would explode forward.

I feel like this dog this morning, God is encouraging me, I am ready to go, but the timing is not now, I must wait, as the excitement builds to a fevered pitch, and soon, very soon the Lord will release me to jump for Him. I want to be the best I can be for Him. But, for now, "My soul waiteth upon God."

From Him cometh my salvation.
As much as I am ready to leap ahead in eagerness to get busy for the Lord, He holds me back for the right moment. I feel like I am about to bust, I want to go. I want to be in mid air, I do not want to wait, but this Psalm grants us a great promise. If my soul waits upon God, them "My salvation will come from Him.

I wish I could tell you what will take place today, but I can't. I am not sure if today will be the day that God will release my soul in bliss or if today will be another day of waiting! Frankly it does not matter too much, the next verse on this Psalm is even better, it states; "He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved!"

No comments:

Post a Comment